Lifespan Behavioral Health Services is a preferred provider of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield insurance networks. If you carry this insurance, our practice is usually an in-network provider and we will submit your claims to your insurance on your behalf. Of course we make no guarantee of payment or coverage and all claims are evaluated individually.
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER TO VERIFY YOUR COVERAGE AND BENEFITS BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT.
We are happy to provide services to patients with insurance other than those listed above. You will be asked to pay for your services at the time of your visit, and we will gladly provide you with an invoice that you may file with your individual insurance carrier for reimbursement according to their rates and your insurance plans.
Payment is due at the time of service and is accepted in the form of personal check, money order or by a credit card issued by: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. We will provide you with a statement with all of the necessary coding so that you may submit this expense to your insurance company/benefit plan for reimbursement.
No Surprise Act – Informing Participants of Payment (Inform prospective clients and participants of financial arrangements concerning a service before providing the service)
- LSBH will adhere to the No Surprise Act and explain to participants what the Act entails in the Client Handbook that needs to be acknowledged by the participant prior to being scheduled for an appointment.
- A good faith estimate will be given if the participant or responsible party asks for one, or when you schedule an item or service. It will include expected charges for the primary item or service, and any other items or services provided as part of the same scheduled experience.
- LSBH recognizes in 2022 estimates are not required to include items and services provided to a participant by another provider or facility. In 2023 LSBH acknowledges it will be required to provide co-provider or co-facility cost information.
Financial Policy Form
Our practice participates with most major insurance carriers. If you have any questions, whether a specific provider is participating with your health plan, please contact our billing department before services are rendered. Our office will obtain insurance eligibility and benefits prior to your initial visit, and when your insurance changes. Though your insurance plan is a contract between you and them, as a courtesy to you we will submit insurance claims to all your insurance carrier(s). The policy holder of the insurance is financially responsible for all denied and non-payable balances from the time services are rendered and all outstanding amounts due after your insurance(s) have processed your claim, including any deductibles, co-insurances, and co-pays. All financial amounts including self-pay rates are due upon arrival for each visit.
Self-Pay Rate Information
- Physician: Initial Evaluation – $400.00; Follow-Up sessions – $150.00
- Nurse Practitioner: Initial Evaluation – $300.00; Follow-Up sessions – $150.00
- Physician Assistant: : Initial Evaluation – $300.00; Follow-Up sessions – $150.00
- Therapist Graduate Level: $150.00 / hour session; $120.00 / 45-minute session
- Licensed Therapist: $180.00 / hour session; $150 / 45-minute session
Cancellations & No-Show Policy
We request that you provide our office with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice from the previous business day (M-F) when cancelling or rescheduling appointments so that we may offer the time to another patient in need. Appointments cancelled less than 24 hours of the scheduled day/time and no-shows will be subject to the following fees:
- $95 for appointments scheduled with Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- $65 for appointments scheduled with any Licensed Psychotherapist.
- $50 for appointments scheduled with any Graduate Level Psychotherapist.
Medical Records Requests
It is important that you understand your rights to your medical information which Lifespan Behavioral Health Services is dedicated to providing to you. We made it easy for you to gain access by going on to your patient portal and pressing the Request Record button on top. Our staff will prepare your records for you and notify you when they are ready. There is no charge to prepare your records.
Filing Fee for Completion of Forms, Letters, and Paperwork
In order to ensure proper completion of forms, letters, and/or paperwork, you may be asked to schedule an appointment to meet with your provider in order to fulfill these types of requests. A fee of $40.00 will be charged on all completed forms, payable upon pick-up.
All patients seeking health care services at LIFESPAN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES are assured that they will be served regardless of ability to pay. No one is refused service because of lack of financial means to pay. This program is designed to provide free or discounted care to those who have no means, or limited means, to pay for their medical services (uninsured or underinsured). LIFESPAN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES will offer a Sliding Fee Discount Program to all who are unable to pay for their services. LIFESPAN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES will base program eligibility on a person’s ability to pay and will not discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The Federal Poverty Guidelines are used in creating and annually updating the sliding fee schedule (SFS) to determine eligibility.
Lifespan Behavioral Health Services has contracted with IOU Billing to provide all your billing needs. The IOU Billing Team at Lifespan Behavioral Health Services is the backbone of our business. For questions regarding your account, please contact the billing department directly.
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Phone: 1-800-819-7570
If you reach a voicemail during normal business hours, please leave a message and a member of the billing team will return your call within 1 business day.