- Licensed Master of Social Work in the State of Maryland
- Bachelor’s Degree of Social Work, Marywood University
- Master of Social Work, SUNY Buffalo, NY
Areas of Interest
- Trauma-Informed Care/Human Right’s Perspective (TIC/HR)
- Stress Management
- Early Childhood Mental Health
- Adolescent/Teen Mental Health
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Adult Children of Alcoholic Parents
- Court Mandated Adult and Juvenile Compliancy
- Child Welfare Compliancy (CWS)
Hello, I humbly introduce myself to you as Shamara Quinonez, LMSW, a Licensed Master Social Worker in the State of Maryland. I am concentrated in Trauma-Informed Care and Human Rights’ perspective for over 7 years. Throughout these years I have held therapeutic relationships with individuals and families, to include children, adolescents, young adults, and adults.
I have worked for various agencies with a diverse population of race, ethnicity, culture, age, sexual and gender identification; to include school-based, court mandated, child welfare, juvenile detention, and homeless clientele. In each setting, I have utilized psychotherapy approaches such Behavior Therapy, Humanistic therapy, Psychoanalysis, and Psychodynamic therapies, and Integrative therapy. I am intentional in giving attention to behavior modification, self-reflection/insight, and coping skills/strategies.
I incorporate the Strengths-Based approach, focusing on personal strengths, social, and community networks, opposed to one’s short-comings, in a safe and supportive environment. This approach is holistic and multidisciplinary in nature to promote well-being. Additionally, I incorporate the Person-Centered approach, focusing on one’s abilities, rather than their condition or disability, to support aspirations.