- Clinical Trauma Professional Certification
- Critical Incident Stress Certification
- The Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University, MM 1991
- The University of Cincinnati MS Criminal Justice 2009
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology MS CMHC 2021
Laura comes from a variety of life experiences relating to people of different cultures, races, ethnicities, gender identities, and professions. She spent 20+ years in the world of classical performing arts and then 20+ years as a federal police officer in Washington DC and New York City. She is as comfortable with children and young people as she is with adults and elders. Laura brings respect and caring for the individuals she works with and adapts her therapeutic approach to each individual. She utilizes a range of therapies including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and trauma work. She is continually expanding her range of tools and approaches. Laura has a special interest in working with first responders, veterans and their families to find better work-life balance, renewed sense of connection, worth, and resilience. She knows the stressors and traumas that result from serving our country, and is committed to addressing them at the individual, family, and community levels. Laura welcomes clients ages 18+.