- Board Certified General Psychiatry
- Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry Residency at Stony Brook University, New York
- Child and Adolescent Fellowship at Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Medical Degree from Ross University School of Medicine
Residency Trained In:
- Psychodynamic, cognitive and family-centered therapies in adults, adolescents and children
- Concentrated area in neurology/genetics
- Five years of experience with Dimensions Health System directing partial hospitalization program
- Co-directed the consult and adult in-patient unit at Laurel Regional Hospital
Areas of Interest
- Troubled youth
- Chronic mental illness
- Co-morbid medical conditions
Joshua Sussal has been in practice serving diverse populations of clients striving to provide mental health services to anyone in need. Dr. Sussal is Board Certified in Child and Adolescents as well as General Psychiatry and has been a pioneer in neuromodulation through technologies such as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
He has worked within diverse and challenging settings. Some of these settings include: the public mental health system, emergency room settings, inpatient facilities, partial hospitalizations, private practice and the judicial system.
He has also owned and operated his own mental health practice for over 10 years allowing him to understand the impact of entering the mental health system from the clients challenges in engaging and navigating to the clinicians obstacles in serving while balancing out the administration and management and oversight needed to coordinate to be able to serve effectively but also efficiently.
Dr. Sussal uses his expertise in psychopharmacology and various therapeutic modalities to meet each client where they are and to educate and treat his clients where they want to be. He enjoys being privileged to be allowed to be part of each of his clients journeys and the trust and relationship building which goes along with them.