- Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical (Maryland)
- Fluent in Russian, conversational Spanish
- Masters in Social Work, University of Washington (2018)
- PhD in Cultural Anthropology, Brown University (2010)
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Parenting coaching
- Training: Dialectical behavior therapy, prolonged exposure for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Cognitive Processing Therapy, Seeking Safety for PTSD and substance use disorders
I am a child, adolescent, and adult therapist. My experience includes trauma-focused therapy for US military families, as well as community-based mental health with people from dozens of countries with a variety of presenting issues. I use different modalities, including psychodynamic therapy, cognitive behavioral approaches, and play and art therapy. Prior to beginning to practice three years ago, I spent 15 years as a PhD anthropologist doing human rights research and activism focused on creating more disability-accessible services and raising awareness of the human costs of war. While I effectively treat mood and trauma disorders, I believe that therapy is less about treating illness and more about finding your strengths and using them to reach your full potential as a member of your community. Whatever your goals, I will do my utmost to learn what I need to about you in order to help you reach them.